Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm ready for Vancouver 2010

Haaaa. Not really, but my cross-country skiing has improved. I've gone out a few more times and while I'm nowhere near looking graceful out there, I am developing a rhythm and am happy to report that my rate of falling down has drastically decreased. I'm picking up speed as well and am no longer terrified about going down the hills. My problem is that I am quite possibly one of the least coordinated people on the planet and this presents some problems when my feet are strapped onto skis which make me even more unbalanced than usual. I have been downhill skiing twice in my life and hated it both times - I get no thrills out of hurling down a mountain (who are we kidding, I never got off the bunny slopes). Most of my time downhill skiing was spent praying that I didn't fall down or get run over by one of the 10 year olds flying by me on their snowboards. At least with cross country skiing I just get passed by senior citizens (totally not a joke. Some of those old guys are FAST).

Anyway, so I am really enjoying cross country skiing. It's great exercise and it makes the winter more bearable when you have some activities to do outside. Mike has a light schedule this month since the semester doesn't officially start until Jan. 25 so he has been snowshoeing and ice fishing quite a bit. Henry and I have another ski lesson tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that.

Otherwise the weekend was pretty low-key. On Friday night the kids had a "tonight show." A "tonight show" is essentially getting an early bath and then going down to the kid pit and watching a movie with all the lights off. We pop some popcorn for them and they line up their stuffed animals in front of the TV and cuddle under blankets and watch the movie. They love doing this. On Saturday night we had some friends over for dinner and I spent the rest of the weekend getting caught up on my scrapbooking and baby books! Yahoo! I have been waiting a long time to type that sentence. The blog came in handy when it came to filling in those books. I thought about just printing off the blog posts and putting them in a 3-ring-binder and calling it a day but I made the scrapbooks look nice and pretty.

No comments: